Heath Edward Meherg
Cullman is a remarkable place, rich with history, growing with economic development and citizens, all the while remaining an ideal place for families. These are among the conclusions that inclined Heath back to his hometown to practice law.
Heath represents clients in automobile and trucking accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, and insurance disputes. Heath also has extensive experience in the governmental and business industries, in addition, to providing a generalized law practice for his clients in the areas of estates, domestic relations, and general civil litigation.
Heath was honored to serve as Cullman County’s first in-house county attorney from 2012-2015. During this time, Heath was a member of the National Association of County Civil Attorneys, National Association of Counties Agricultural and Rural Affairs Steering Committee, and the Constitutional Reform Policy Team of the Alabama Association of County Commissions.
Most recently, Heath received an LL.M. in taxation from the University of Alabama, which is the foremost of its kind. The LL.M. from the University of Alabama included several of the country’s leading academic figures in taxation as well as tax practitioners who combined an extraordinary commitment to teaching with practical knowledge accumulated over years of experience at the most sophisticated levels of tax practice. The LL.M. in Tax is a program that has prepared Heath with the ability to provide a sophisticated tax law practice, not offered by other small town lawyers.
The depth of Heath’s knowledge and experience allows him to provide big picture advice to his clients in all related areas, helping clients control costs, avoid expensive disputes whenever possible, and efficiently resolve issues when they arise.
Born and raised in Cullman, Alabama on May 30th 1980. Mr. Meherg is married to the former Andrea Carr. They have two children – Knox and Beau. Heath is actively involved in Cullman County, proudly serving on several boards and committees that focus on Cullman County and its people.
Areas Of Practice
- Automobile and Trucking Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Disputes
- Alabama, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Alabama
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- LL.M. - Tax - 2016
- Birmingham School of Law, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. - 2008
- University of Alabama Birmingham
- B.S. - 2004
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Cullman County Bar Association
- Alabama Association of Justice Auto Torts / Trucking Litigation Section Emerging Leaders Section
- Alabama State Bar 2014 Leadership Forum
- Leadership Cullman County 2014
- Cullman County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Cullman County Chamber of Commerce Governmental Affairs Committee
- Cullman County Board of Education Section Sixteen Property Advisory Committee